about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Sunday 29 September 2013

Olay Advanced Cleansing System

 I have things never-ending obsession when it comes to all sorts of beauty gadgets.

 I just wanna try them, but almost never stick to using them regularly. The Neutrogena Wave's a fine example. I used it twice... Now it probably will never see the light of day. 

Then there was the Clarisonic Plus, which I kind of liked but broke me out a little initially (though it might have just coincided with my monthly bad skin period. Period hah.). Now, I only use it every once it a while. I feel that the Clarisonic isn't worth what I paid for.

 Well, so now that I've got my hands on the Olay advanced cleansing system (a.k.a the Olay Pro-X advanced cleansing system), I'm looking forward to see if I actually have the will to keep using it regularly this time.



"Is it time to rethink your daily cleansing routine? Designed by a team of dermatologists along with Olay, the Advanced Cleansing System is as effective as a system sold by skin professionals for nearly $200.* Professionally and clinically designed to cleanse 6 times better**, the Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System also sets your skin up for supersonic anti-aging moisturization."

*System with normal/dry cleanser.
**than basic cleansing

Olay claims that the Pro-X Cleansing System is professionally designed with the following  features:

1. 2-speed, rotating system delivers daily deep cleansing and gentle exfoliation.

2. Water resistant for use in the shower.

3. Soft replaceable brush head gentle on skin.

4. Exfoliating cleanser professionally designed to purify and renew skin's texture for refreshed, smooth       skin.




Looks suspiciously similar huh.

Anyhoo on to the Olay cleansing system.

Well this is what the brush head looks like. Nothing too special.




 The bristles are soft and it feels comfortable on the skin. Doesn't feel abrasive at all, at least to me.

 I somehow feel that the Olay Pro-X cleansing system cleanses a little bit better than the Clarisonic.

This little gadget has 2 speeds, though it really isn't that much of a difference. I always have it on the lower speed setting because that seems adequate.


 This lathers my facial cleanser quite nicely and it does not splash as much as the Clarisonic which is surprising. Seeing that the Clarisonic has more of a oscillating movement while this rotates in one direction.

It is advised to change the brush heads every 2 - 3 months. Replacement heads are available at about SGD11.90 (i think) for a box of 2.

I've used this for about 3 days now, and I'm quite liking this. Makes my skin feels soft and smooth. And it feels like my skincare products get absorbed easier.

You know what's the best part? The price. It's only SGD 49.90, a fraction of the price of a Clarisonic.

I probably will get too lazy to use this regularly in about a week or two, but now that I'm using this regularly (twice a day), I'll see if this gives me any good results.

All in all, it's an okay item. A decent cheaper alternative to the Clarisonic. If you are not sure whether to get the Clarisonic or the Olay, I'd go with the Olay. There isn't that huge of a difference in results to justify getting a Clarisonic that costs 5 times more.

The Olay cleansing system is available at Watsons and on Luxola's website. I'm not too sure about Guardian or any other places.

Well, it's Sunday night right now, I should probably go wash my face! :)

Have a great week ahead!

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!