about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Monday 7 October 2013

Toni&Guy Hair meets Wardrobe: Casual, Prep, and Nourish


Hair hair hair. I've been so obsessed with haircare products lately (specifically Toni&Guy products). Honestly speaking, I only started buying Toni&Guy products because of the packaging.

Toni&Guy Prep and Nourish
Heat protection mist | Volume plumping mousse | Reconstruction mask
Nourish reconstruction mask
This hair mask is probably the best hair mask I have ever used. Not that I've used a lot of other hair masks, but it give me the softest hair ever. Makes my hair as soft as when I'm done with a hair treatment at a salon. Though it is very slightly more expensive than most supermarket range hair products. I have to say, I think this product is worth the $25.


A word of caution, do not use this product on the roots of your hair. Just use it throughout the mid and ends. There are some hair masks that I can get away with using it on my roots, but this one is too thick and rich so I find it really weighs my hair down if I use it on my roots. So beware!


Heat protection mist | Volume plumping mousse




The mousse, to me, is nothing really outstanding. I feel like my John Frieda Volume Building Mousse does a slightly better job at giving my hair volume.

Wahahahaha foam monster


This, I don't really have much to comment on as well because it's my first heat protection mist. I never bothered with getting one until now, so this kinda sorta just does the job I want it to do. 

Toni&Guy Casual Collection
Sea salt texturising spray | Flexible hold hairspray

Okay, let's start with the sea salt spray. I've had this for the longest time compared to the rest of my Toni&Guy products. I love it and I'm already more than halfway through it. I'm not the biggest fan of super shiny and sleek hair, because seriously it just makes my hair look even more limp than it already is. This is perfect for giving me the 'I just spent the whole day at the beach' vibe for my hair. Love it. Love love love LAHVE IT.

Then there's the hairspray which pretty much does the same thing as every other hairspray. I reckon that this will be good for school day because it fixes my hair in place, but gives me freedom to run my fingers though my hair without cutting my hair. I don't really do much to my hair on a typical day other than give it volume, so this works good as a lightweight hairspray.


One really good thing about these products is the scent. It smells like some expensive salon, but it might just be be. All products have the same scent, even the hairspray. I hate it when hairsprays have this obnoxious scent that overpowers everything. Especially when I walk into the elevator and I see this lady with big curly hair and all I can smell is her hairspray. Nope, I do not want to smell like hairspray. That's also why I'm liking this hairspray, the scent is pleasant and it fades away after awhile.

Hmm, well that was quite a photo-heavy post.

I do love these products, and it is safe to say that I will be obsessing over them for quite some time. I probably will keep hunting for my holy grail hair products, so I'm interested to know what are some of your favourite hair care/styling products?

Have a great week ahead! :)

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!