about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Birthday cake and dinner dates



  Yaaay, this is our wonderful creation after 10 minutes of hesitance. Basically what happened on Saturday night was a dinner + early birthday celebration for a friend of mine. Hence the decision to decorate a cake ourselves. We wanted to make cake pops, but I got lazy.

  Anyways, this post shall be another photo spam of the events of the night. You'll get to see the beautiful transformation of a plain, white cake into a... well, disaster really...

Pressure on the first person to start writing.
I swear, when we first got the cake, we were just staring it. Too afraid to touch anything lest we ruin it.

Yes, that was supposed to be the letter 'H' but it looks more like earthworms.

Yours truly trying to write the letters 'B' and 'D'. Once again, earthworrns.



  Here's the cake transformation.







  Finally... TA DAH!


  Yes, we didn't have space to fit in 'Happy Birthday' so instead we opted for 'HBD'. Well, the cake was 4" in diameter, what could we have done!

  If you're wondering what the weird looking figure with the blue eyes and peace sign was meant to be, I would gladly say 'Alien Hippie' but sadly no. That was not our intention. We wanted to recreate my hippie doodle that I doodled in class...


  Which, by the way, is now my FB cover photo. I love it. Anyhoo, we wanted to recreate that hippie because I drew that hippie for the birthday girl. As you can see, it wasn't really uhm, whatchamacallit accurate. Right... Oh well, A+ for effort right? No. Blair. No...

  Since the birthday girl was late we had plenty of time to decorate the cake. We had dinner at ajisen and then we had ice-cream at Marble Slab Creamery. Yayness for fatty goodness.

  

  During which we had a bitch fest. Nothing beats a good bitching session over some ice-cream. That's what girls do.

  Talking about sinful treats. I have a pack of Fox's Chunkie Milk Chocolate Cookies sitting right next to my laptop right now. I am testing my willpower. It's not very strong.

  Well, I best be off right now, still so many things to do and there's so little time. It's only the second week of school and I already feel so tired. Meh, I don't know what's wrong with me.

  Pardon the spike in insipid posts, I can't seem to find any inspiration when I have so many assignments hogging up brain space. I don't even have time to go shopping for nail polishes online. ONLINE. My mailbox is feeling so sad because it won't be expecting any goodies. :( 

  It's only tuesday, a long way to go till the weekend. Hope you all have a good, productive, and interesting week ahead! At least I don't have to wake up so early tomorrow. Hurray for afternoon lessons! In fact, Hurray to poly curriculum timetable! Actually I'm just plain lucky that I don't have a lot of early morning school days.

  Maybe I should end my posts with a weird question. Like, "so do you like cookies with regular milk (you know, from cows) or soy milk?"

  That is so weird on so many levels. 

  Ok, really, have a great week ahead! ;)

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!