about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Friday 3 May 2013

NP50 Retro day!

Photo credits: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
  Find me in the picture. Yeah, I'm the dork with the red headband. Looking extremely uncomfortable.

  In conjunction with the celebration of Ngee Ann Poly's 50th anniversary, NP had a retro carnival day on tuesday, 30th April, with tons of retro anything. 

  Of course they had to make it a retro dress day too.

  Otherwise there would be no point.

  And naturally I'd be peer pressured into dressing up too. Just in case you didn't know, I'm not one to dress up for school. In fact, I've been told that I'm never seen wearing any bottoms that are not denim. I love my jeans and shirts for school. In fact I was vehemently against dressing up for retro day.

  But what are friends for right? My outfit wasn't even retro. I really don't own any article of clothing that can be classified under retro. I hope my accessories were though, my parents said it was fine so. Yeah, I was satisfied.

  Since it was a 'once in a blue moon' thing when it comes to me and skirts, I decided to take a picture of myself in the mirror. Something that I haven't done in a really long time. With bad lighting I might add. Some editing to make it look this way too.


  I liked my earrings.


  I even made an instapicframe thingy for my outfit so I could send it to my friends for opinions.


  My friends were all squealing over how lady-like I look and how I should wear skirts more often. Eeesh right... I swear, I was so self-conscious the whole day. I am never doing this again, but it was a fun experience. I don't think I'll ever get used to this, let me go back to being a tomboy.

  I just woke up not long ago and I'm super loving the weather right now. How is it that every single time I don't need to go to school the weather is perfect? Every time I need to head out, the weather will be so unbearably warm that I'll be sweating so much. Whatever, I'll just enjoy this amazing weather at home. I feel like having a really unhealthy meal, like MacDonald's, but no. I should not.

  Enjoy your Friday people! A shout out to the FMS people involved in Dance 4 Fun, good luck to you all and kill the crowd! (Provided they actually see this because I didn't make a big deal of publicising my blog within my 'school' social circle)

  I'm curious, what would you wear for a retro outfit?

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!