about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Friday 3 May 2013

Sleek Lip Cubed / Lip 4 Lipstick Palette in 'Mardi Gras'


  So a while back sleek announced on their site that anyone who purchased any iDivine on their site from the 4th to the 8th of march will receive a free gift. And 100 lucky customers will receive an exclusive preview of the upcoming Mardi Gras Lip Cubed prior to its release.

  I really don't know why it says lip cubed on the description. No matter how bad my math was, I'm still pretty sure cubed is for 'to the power of 3' not 4. But whatever floats their boat. They can't possibly name it 'Lip to the power of 4' or 'Lip Lip Lip Lip'...

  Today is May the 3rd. It's been about 2 months and I was getting used to the fact that I'm never getting my free gift, but hey, look what arrived in the mailbox 2 days ago! Apparently I was one of the chosen ones. Thanks Sleek! It was a tad too late, but better late than never right?


  The colours don't really appeal to me because I'm just not a big fan of pinks, but I do like the purple. This palette features 4 colours with 2 shades being a gloss finish, 1 matte, and 1 satin. 

Clockwise from top right: Carnival, Masquerade, Firework, Rio
  This next picture shows the glos finish a lot better.

  I hope.


  Here are some swatches.





  The gloss finish ones are very soft so if you are very particular about ugly dents in your products, yeah that wouldn't be so great. But hey, they are gloss finish lipsticks.



  I haven't used them that much and I doubt that I will, just because I'm not a big fan of the colours, so I can't do an in-depth review on this. One thing that I noted was that they do stain, so that's good. 


  I don't know about this... This product was pretty hyped up since they were doing a giveaway/preview, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's the colours in this particular palette. Sleek has uploaded a picture of all the 6 palettes on their facebook page yesterday, so be sure to check it out! 5 more days until the release of the Lip Cubed palettes. I might get a palette or 2 just for collecting's sake, though I'm not a big fan of lip palettes because seriously, how convenient is it to use them in public? Not very.

  I'll wait for online swatches to come up and then I'll decide. If I find a palette that appeals to me then perhaps. Until then, I'll remain impassive towards these palettes. They just don't stand out to me.

  By the way, I just finished the final season of Gossip Girl (late, I know, I've just been putting off watching American T.V series for so long) and I kinda really like the ending. Predictable in terms of whom ending up whom but Dan being GG? Totally blew my mind. 

  Oh well, now that my plan-less Friday is drawing to an end, it's time for me to start on my school assignments again. Oh well.

  How do you feel about the lip cubed? Like it or leave it?

 I'm thinking that if you already have some favourite holy grail lippies, it's okay to sit this one out.

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!