about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Saturday 11 May 2013

An early mother's day gift

  Mother's Day is tomorrow! Since I will be out tomorrow doing my dreadful MRM (Media Research Methods) Literature Review, I figured that I might as well make dinner for my mum today. Well, the entire family actually. In fact, I decided to make dinner because I had no idea what to get for her.



  Norwegian salmon fillet topped with a creamy pesto sauce. Served with a simple lemon vinaigrette salad and sweet potato fries.

  I cheated with the fries, they're from the frozen foods section. Otherwise everything else is pretty much made from scratch.

  I didn't really follow a recipe for the salad, just tossed a bunch of things that I thought would taste nice together. Purple cabbage, baby butterhead lettuce, and baby carrots. The dressing... I can't even remember...

  Don't even let me get started on the pesto. What I did was I searched the net for a pesto recipe and I decided not to follow the exact measurement for each ingredient and instead opted for trial and error. I love it, and have decided that I shall keep that as a family recipe. Who am I kidding I don't even remember what I did. The cream part was just some milk and cream cheese, the basic of a cream sauce. I'm no chef, I wish I was, but let's face it... Nah. But hey, I'm loving the results. Besides, my mum loves it. 

I didn't serve salmon to my dad because he is super fussy with how fish should be done. Now he's the one with all the cooking skills in my family. Instead I used chicken, without the cream sauce but pesto smeared on one side. Too bad I didn't take a picture, because I don't know how to explain.

  My sister said it was delicious, but only because she can't cook anything herself. Anything that's edible is good enough for her.

  That pretty much sums up what I did for mummy dearest! Awww, it feels good to now that she was touched by what I did. :)

  Cheers to all mothers around the world, the superhero in every child's heart! Have a great weekend!

xoxo
MsFroufrou

2 comments:

  1. "I didn't really follow a recipe for the salad".
     
    He he! I'm the same when it comes to making a salad, and yet some people feel they need a recipe to make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've always felt that salads are always based on personal preference, especially when it comes to the dressing. Given that I've been brought up to cook with my gut instinct than with logic. Some people might be too afraid to experiment and perhaps that's why they use a recipe?

      Glad to find a fellow experimenter like you! :D

      Delete

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!