about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Monday 13 April 2015

Zoeva Brushes + Final Falsies Attempt Maybe?


I have to be honest. As much as I like how coloured brush handles look, I still tend to stick to the classic black ones because it just looks so elegant. I get a little excited everytime I see glossy black brush handles. But that's just me.

Quite some time ago, I got my hand on some Zoeva brushes. They're very affordable, cheaper than Sigma brushes but I would say the quality of Zoeva brushes are just as good, if not better, than Sigma ones.

There are still some brushes that I would prefer to get from Sigma (their powder brushes are one because Zoeva have smaller powder brushes, I just love a large pouffy brush for setting my foundation with powder), but Zoeva really has very good eye brushes in general.

Here's


L -R
228 Crease
227 Luxe Soft Definer
142 Concealer Buffer
317 Wing Liner

This, I kid you not, will probably be one of the softest eye brushes you will ever use. Sometimes I just brush it over my eyelids because it feels so so good. It does a really good job at blending and smoking out your eye make up. One thing I felt doesn't quite work is using this brush to put on colour. By that I mean, I feel like this brush gives a better blend when you don't load any product on this brush at all. So in my opinion, this works well as like a finishing brush to blend out your makeup. It's awesome. Really. The bristles are about the same length as the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush, but the Zoeva brush is slightly more rounded and tapered compared to the E40. Though they named the E40 the tapered blending brush, it doesn't seem to have that much of a tapered top, thus it feels less precise when blending.


The 227, luxe definer. Alright this brush to me is really useful because I don't own any other brush like this. This brush has made it so much easier for me to put on colours in the crease and it does a good job blending out the pigment. I personally prefer matte crease colours and I've always felt that mattes blend and look softer than shimmer shadows. I can't compare this brush with anything else, but if you don't anything like this, and would go for a affordable brush, this would be it.


Ah this brush. It's a very versatile brush. In fact, so versatile, I don't even use it to buff my concealer out that much. Let's start with what works. It buffs products out and blends it like a dream. Really, a dream. It's just dense enough to make sure everything looks flawless but soft enough that it doesn't feel too hard on your skin. It is great for precision contouring (i.e contouring your nose) and blending out concealer on your blemish. Now the not so great. It's not that good for under eye concealer. It blends out product so well, it kind of defeats the purpose of under eye concealer. Using the brush to pat concealer under your eyes does do great in terms of giving you that coverage, but it just feels to rough for that delicate under eye area. Blending it out in swiping motions takes away the concealer coverage but does feel really nice. So if you're looking for a good brush for under eye concealer, I wouldn't recommend this. But if you're looking to get a brush that blends contour and concealer really really well, this might just be the one.


317 Wing Liner.
Not the best angled liner brush out there. Firstly, it's really thin and not stiff enough, when I load gel liner onto the brush, the bristle kind of separate and split into two parts. So to get a really nice consistent line, you really need to work on the application. But it is a really really thin brush though, so if you want to create a super thin line, this would work. You just need to put in extra effort at drawing your eyeliner on. This is a brush you can pass if you're getting started with makeup brushes.


The name of this brush makes me wonder what I can use it for. But I know it's commonly used to contour the face. It's at the right density to blend contour out beautifully, but it's also really soft that it feels so good on your skin. Kind of like the crease brush, but for your face. :P I don't usually contour that much, but when I do, this brush is handy to have. I still can't decide if this brush is a must have simply because I don't contour that often. But it does do a much better job than many rounded contour brushes as this offers a lot more precision. Let me know if you guys use this brush for any other purpose. I'm all for multi purposing my brushes, so I would love if you guys have any suggestions or ideas!


So i got this pair of false lashes from Lavie Lash. It's the Amaryllis lashes which is a longer version of the Rosie Lashes. I haven't tried on this pair yet but I will soon because I'm thinking of using this pair of lashes for my graduation! So excited! I'm definitely going to try taking some nice pictures and maybe even do a look of the day thing for that. I'm not a very photogenic person so that kind of makes me hesitate to post tutorials and looks because I don't feel confident in photos. But I shall try! Maybe soon you all would be able to get more interesting content on my blog. :)

Also if you haven't noticed, you can now pin my blog photos onto pinterest! All you need to do is hover over photos and you will see the pinterest logo. You can follow me on my pinterest as well as my other social media pages (links below my blog title banner)!

Thank you beautiful people for reading, and have a great week! :)

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!