about              faq              contact              pinterest              instagram

Thursday 15 January 2015

Best of 2014 Makeup - Eyes

Hello! It's a bright and sunny, Thursday afternoon right here. Unfortunately I am stuck in my freezing office that has no windows.

I feel like a prisoner.

Anyway since I'm here with nothing much to complete, I shall share the next part of my 2014 favourites: all about them eyes.

I don't wear eye makeup frequently but when I do I tend to go for looks that are darker and more dramatic. That's why I rely on a good eye primer to make sure my eye makeup stays on. I don't have oily eyelids like some people, so most decently priced eye primers work well for me. This one that I'm showing you though, is good stuff.

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer
In my opinion, it's slightly thicker and tackier than Urban Decay's Primer Potion (which was my absolute favourite before I got this one) and that makes your eyeshadow stick much better. I also really like the doe foot applicator, apparently the old packaging had a pump that dispensed way too much product, so this applicator is really nice.


If you're looking for a good eye primer that delivers what it promises, this is the one to go for if you plan to splurge. I think this costs SGD42. Other primers that I have tried and like are: UDPP, Laura Mercier's Eye Basics ( I had the shade Flax), and Elf's Eyelid Primer.

Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Liquid Liner
This eyeliner. OH MY GOSH. The best liquid liner I have ever used and I'm still clinging onto the hope that they are still selling it at some remote Watsons in Singapore and that I just haven't found it yet.

I need another 10 tubes of it in my life because I am running out of mine. Unfortunately I cannot find it anywhere.

This eyeliner stays on forever, true to its name. IT STAYS NO MATTER WHAT. I've never been a big fan of liquid liners but instead preferred gel liners, then I decided one day to give this a go. It was only SGD4.50. I should have bought whatever was left on the shelf because I never saw this again. Now I'm just sad.

It has a very very fine brush. Perfect for all you ladies who favour the cat eye look because it gives absolute precision when applying. I didn't even like wearing a cat eye liner until I got this. That's how good this liner and the brush was.


And now that I'm slowly resigning to my fate of never being able to buy that eyeliner anymore, I have decided to hunt for replacements. This eyeliner isn't a 2014 favourites because it's just an alternative. I also decided that (from the few times I've worn this out) this eyeliner is no where near as good as the essence one.

Maybelline Hyperglossy Liquid Liner
It's also got a decently fine brush like the essence liner, but the formula just isn't the same. It's waterproof, but it flakes off and rubs off when you rub your eyes. So while it's not going to melt off and streak down your face, it's going to come off when you rub your eyes. So naturally, it doesn't have great staying power in my opinion.


Right, I'm on a roll with all the essence stuff because the next item is a mascara from, you guessed it, essence.

Actually two mascaras, one from essence and one from Maybelline.

Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express Mascara
Essence Get BIG! Lashes waterproof mascara
I'm the kind of person who loves my mascaras waterproof. I will never use non waterproof mascara because the weather here is crazy humid and I sweat + rub my eyes quite a lot. So spending that extra 5 to 10 mins taking off my mascara is worth it because I don't want mascara running down my cheeks in the day.

Essence Get BIG! Lashes Mascara

Maybelline The Rocket Volum Mascara
Both Mascaras have distinctively different brush shapes and designs. Both have different strong points and that's why I usually wear both mascaras together, one on top of the other.

I use the essence one first then apply a second coat with the maybelline one.

The essence mascara does a better job of separating my lashes whilst giving it volume. The maybelline one, on the other hand, is just straight out va-va-voluminous. By itself, the maybelline one can be a little bit clumpy, but on top of the essence one it looks absolutely amazing. So I start off with essence to give my lashes the desired look and make sure they're separated nicely before I use the maybelline one to build up the volume. Instant flirty lashes in a minute.

Okay I know this post is getting a little bit long, so bear with me because there's only 2 more things left that I'm going to mention.

Vice 3 Palette by Urban Decay


I've been wanting to get the vice palettes every since the first one came out. And boy am I glad to have waited until the 3rd one is out. The Vice 3, to me, is much more wearable than the previous ones and I just love this packaging so much more than the Vice 1 and Vice 2.

As for the eyeshadows, I feel like the Vice 3's shadows are much softer than the usual UD shadows, which is good because excellent payoff and extremely easy to blend. Bad point is that there can be a lot more fall out and wasted product cause it's just way too soft.

Current Favourites:
Bondage | DTF | Last Sin | Vanity | Angel | Reign | Defy
Right on. Okay so those are my favourites for eye makeup. And next up is like my 2014 fail. Which I just thought was worth a mention.

False Lashes.


Okay to be fair, the products are not fails. They're actually really good quality lashes that are soft and really really pretty. But, I'm just not a fan of how false lashes look on me. I wish I could wear them, I really do. But everytime I wear false lashes I look like a kid playing dress up. No matter how short they are, they always look too long for me and they just look so odd. Maybe I'm wearing it wrong? Pretty sure I'm not. Maybe I'm just not suited for false lashes. I look so much better with just mascara honestly. I'll just stick to my natural lashes + layers of mascara thanks. Let me know if you feel the same about falsies because oh don't let me be the only unfortunate soul. :(

So that's all for this post. Wow that was long for just a bunch of products. I'm probably putting up the lip products post up next but that might also take a while because I just got more new shades for the favourites that I'm mentioning and I totally am loving the new shades more than the ones that I'm mentioning in the post.

Or maybe I should do a separate swatch post for the new lip products I got over last week (9 new lippies, I need rehab).

Do comment below to let me know what you would like to see! Don't be shy! Have some interaction, I know some of you are out there reading. It would really help me to come up with content that you guys would like, so please share your suggestions if you like! :)

But that's all for today, enjoy your Thursday and get ready for tomorrow because the weekend is almost here. Time to party! :P

xoxo
MsFroufrou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your brilliant input/suggestions!